ADSM-L

Re: Fwd: SQLConnect Agent problems

2000-05-01 21:55:09
Subject: Re: Fwd: SQLConnect Agent problems
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 21:55:09 -0400
Fred,

The problem is that you MUST have version 1.1.2.
                                          =====

Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server
added "official" Microsoft Cluster Support in
the latest PTF, IP21908, which is version 1.1.2.
(It was released as "ADSM" PTF IP21873).
It was released in November.

Take a look at web page:

    http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/adsercli.htm#agentreq

or FTP site ftp.software.ibm.com:

/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/tivoli-data-protection/ntsql/1.1.2

Once you have that installed, things should work fine.

By the way, I HIGHLY recommend that you look the new User's Guide
that was included in the PTF. It talks about the things
that you should look for when running under an MSCS environment.

The biggest differences come when setting up the central
scheduler to operate correctly during a failover.
And in this case, you must follow the directions in the
Appendix to get things working correctly.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler