ADSM-L

Fwd: SQLConnect Agent problems

2000-05-01 16:34:38
Subject: Fwd: SQLConnect Agent problems
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 15:34:38 -0500
We're in the process of installing our first cluster servers.  I received
this from the admin today.  She's got all the doc, and I've forwarded to
her all that has been posted here, but she still has problems.  I append
her note unedited.

Subject: SQLConnect Agent problems

Fred,

Could you please post these issues to ADSM listserves you belong to
(off-campus forums)?  It's quite the stumper.

I've loaded on the Tivoli Data Protection Agent v.1.1 for Microsoft SQL
Server.
The dsm.opt file in the Agentsql folder has:  'passwordaccess generate',
the registered nodename which is different from the SQL Server name and
different from the local machine name, an 'include' statement for the
management class, and the adsm server address and port.

I'm supposed to add the 'clusternode yes' option but no matter where on
the dsm.opt file I put it, the Agent gives me an error for some option
listed in the options file.  I've checked the errorlog and the only error
mentioned is that CLUSTERNODE YES is not a valid option.

Also the agent GUI indicates the name of the SQL Server as the local
machine's name which is incorrect.  As a virtual SQL Server, it has a
different name -- its own name -- that is recognized and used by the
Clustering software and by SQL Server's Enterprise Manager.  If I remove
the CLUSTERNODE YES option from the dsm.opt file, I can open the agent
GUI, expand the incorrectly named SQL Server and see all the
databases.  However, I can't back them up because the agent will connect
to the adsm server and start to send data but will hang -- no errors
logged though.

Thank you, Mr. Fred.

-Patty

I had her add the following information.