ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Tape Libraries

2000-02-09 11:06:37
Subject: Re: 3494 Tape Libraries
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:06:37 +0100
Dwight, looking at my output I notice an additional line, which is
        missing your output:

   comp avail status..........Primary library manager installed.
                              Primary library manager available.
                              Primary hard drive installed.
                              Primary hard drive available.
                              Secondary hard drive installed.
                 this -->     Secondary hard drive available.
                              Convenience input station installed.
                              Convenience input station available.
                              Convenience output station installed.
                              Convenience output station available.

Maybe is only the atldd.driver version (4.0.7), and I hope for you that
"installed" alone means also mirrored.

Mauro, STM

> There is a feature for the 3494 where there are dual internal hard
drives...
> use the "mtlib -l/dev/lmcp# -qL" and look for
>    comp avail status..........Primary library manager installed.
>                               Primary library manager available.
>                               Primary hard drive installed.
>                               Primary hard drive available.
>                               Secondary hard drive installed.
>                               Convenience output station installed.
>                               Convenience output station available.
>
> Note the "Secondary hard drive installed."  this is a mirror of the
main
> volume... there is some extra little voodoo magic that the IBM engineer
will
> put on to make a recovery easy.
>
> I think the last time we had a drive fail (and we've only had 1 drive
out of
> 6 ATL's (12 drives) in 4 years) it took them 4 hours to get back.
>
> later,
>     DWight

OS/2 PC