ADSM-L

Re: Linux TSM Server

2000-02-02 16:18:48
Subject: Re: Linux TSM Server
From: "Alan R. White" <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 21:18:48 -0000
At the risk of being shouted down by Linuxers everywhere I dare to suggest
the idea of an NTE (embedded) solution using bespoke hardware (hotswappable)
with a simplified set-and-forget bunch of parameters for the hardware bits
plus usual *SM admin client access (plus an admin API _PLEASE_), a sort of
mini 3466 NSM but at one-hundredth of the price. The concept of appliance
type solutions is taking off in the storage world. I would have no issue
with recommending these to our small branch offices scattered in various
remote parts of the world if they worked.

OK, Kelly maybe this is one for you guys........

Alan
(out in blue-sky land again)