ADSM-L

Re: Linux TSM Server

2000-02-02 13:12:34
Subject: Re: Linux TSM Server
From: Glen Hattrup <ghattrup AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:12:34 -0700
Ah yes, the mythical TSM linux server.....

Why do I feel like some spook in the defense department " I'm sorry, you're
not authorized to have that information...."  :-)  What I can say is this:
the item has been considered before, and we've looked into the overall
development cost to put together a linux server.  Beyond that, the status
of the project is in limbo.  As of right now, a production quality "ready
to be shipped" linux server does *not* exist.

So, if you would like to be able to purchase a TSM Linux Server (in the
future), contact your marketing reps and request a TSM linux server.  The
market (ie, you and other customers) dictates what receives development
time.  What helps is to specify the number of licenses you would purchase,
and your overall strategy with a TSM linux server for the next several
years (as well as can be predicted, of course...).  Or, as always, if your
company *really* wants a TSM linux server, contact Marketing and find out
what the cost would be (to you) to develop.

Besides, I know you love to talk with your marketing reps and have them
promise everything in the world to you... :-)

Glen Hattrup
Tivoli Storage Manager
Server Development Team