ADSM-L

Re: Linux TSM Server

2000-02-02 13:14:55
Subject: Re: Linux TSM Server
From: Jack Palmadesso <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:14:55 -0500
We deal with 4 soon to be 5 AIX/ADSM servers.  Purchasing and transferring the
licences for these things is a nightmare, and EXPENSIVE especially if you move
it to another country.  In my book one less license is one less migrane.  Also
as much as I like the Power PC hardware its somewhat of a stumbling block for
me.  I'm a born and bred Intel guy.  From an OS point of view I believe I'd be
more confident in day to day OS tasks since I've become very familiar with Linux
over the past year.  I'd definitely appreciate the option to move to that
platform.

Jack