ADSM-L

Bad Label on Tape

1999-12-16 09:06:08
Subject: Bad Label on Tape
From: Bill Wheeler <Bill.Wheeler AT LA-Z-BOY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:06:08 -0500
Hello Everyone,

        I am receiving an error when trying to check-in a tape to Magstar
3570 device.   The error I am receiving is:   I/O error reading label of
volume in drive DRIVE01.   If this tape was a scratch I would re-label the
volume and try again.   The problem that I am having is, this tape has some
information on it that I still need.  Is there anyway to check the tape in
and hopefully have the system read the label without destroying the
information?

Thanks,

Bill Wheeler
AIX Administrator
La-Z-Boy Incorporated
bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com <mailto:bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com>