ADSM-L

Configuration Question

1999-12-16 09:19:15
Subject: Configuration Question
From: Scott Fluegge <sfluegge AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:19:15 -0500
Hello all,

I have a wuestion for all of you.  On AIX systems, in which file are you putting
the domain statement?  The manual sais to put it in the dsm.opt file.  The
person that did the origonal install at my company told me that it failed when
they put it there and so they had to put it in the dsm.sys file.  I am now
having intermittent problems with bad directories being attempted and/or systems
not in my domain statement sometimes getting backed up.  I can only assume that
it has to do with where our domain statement is!  I tested putting it in the opt
file and it worked fine on my test node!  Anybody else have this issue?

Also,  I am sometimes getting an error "/usr is an invalid drive specification".
When I called it in, they said it was because of my domain statement.
An example is:           Domain                / /usr /home /var /bgs /sqr
/home/psoft /usr/local/Tivoli

They told me that I can not have both /usr and /usr/local/Tivoli, even though
they are both valid mounted systems.  Support
told me to only have /usr in the domain and put /usr/local/Tivoli in the opt
file as a virtual mount point.  This seems very
wrong to me. It is NOT virtual!  Having it split like that is a tracking
nightmare since I have a bunch of filesystems that
start with the same name (like /usr).

  Can anyone shed some light on this for me???   PLEASE!!!!

Thanks,

Scott