ADSM-L

Archive and Symbolic Links

1999-12-16 09:04:59
Subject: Archive and Symbolic Links
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:04:59 -0500
Hello again everyone....

I'm preparing to archive a large number of UNIX systems over the next two
weeks, and I've run into something that really concerns me.

Is there, in fact, no way to tell archive NOT to follow symbolic links
when -subdir=yes?

All of our systems mount our AFS Cell in various places, and sometimes
this is accomplished with symbolic links to other filsystems.  Needless to
say, following the links is going to cost me a rather significant amount
of space wasted....

Any ideas?
TIA!

-
Best regards,
Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                         Systems and Network Engineer |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-2292/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                 www.clarkson.edu/cis |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu