ADSM-L

Re: Need a command to interrogate 3590 status

1999-09-23 13:47:22
Subject: Re: Need a command to interrogate 3590 status
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:47:22 -0400
The IBMtape drivers that you installed in order to use the 3590's and 3494
include a utility called "tapeutil".  You'd have to look at the README or
other docs to find out where the util lives on AIX.  Also, you can get a
manual called "IBM SCSI Tape Drive, Medium Changer, and Library Device
Drivers. Installation and User's Guide", GC35-0154, from your friendly
IBM CE.  The latest version of IBMtape should be available on

        ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/

Also, there is a subdirectory, tools, that may be interesting as well.

Rich

At 08:43 AM 9/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>We're at AIX 4.3.2, with 4 3590's in a 3494.  Occassionally, we'll get a FID1
>error on one of the drives, but for whatever reason, ADSM is unaware of it
and
>keeps on trying to use it (causing all sorts of strange problems).  Is
there an
>AIX command I can use to interrogate status of the drive(s) a la using
mtlib to
>interrogate status of the 3494?  It would be really nice if the command I'm
>seeking would return the actual FID1 error code!!

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203