ADSM-L

Re: Exporting clients

1999-09-08 11:56:08
Subject: Re: Exporting clients
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:56:08 EST
Hi Steffan (and list)

>Rodrigo,
>OK, now I get it: No. Restoring a database overlays the existing
>database so this is not the way to go. You need to export the client
>from the one ADSM server and import it into the other ADSM server.

Ok. That will probably affect my operations ... I would like to extend my
question a little more.

I can create export tapes without exporting data. I mean, I can export only
the definitions and track of data on storage pools tapes.

My point is, I would like to combine tape vaulting with the ability to
recover the client node on other site.

So I hope the only things I need are the export tape of the client (no
data), the data copy tapes (which I already have vaulted for security) and
no DB backup at all (at least for this action ! Does not mean I won't vault
my db backup !)

Is it correct ?

>You are back to what you described before; sorry I didn't get the point
>of your first question.
>Steffan

No problem at all !