ADSM-L

Re: Exporting clients

1999-09-06 16:17:09
Subject: Re: Exporting clients
From: Rodrigo Cordovil Gazzaneo <rgazzaneo AT INFOLINK.COM DOT BR>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 15:17:09 EST
Hi,

>Rodrigo,
>I don't understand your question:
>But my gathering data from the db tape will ADD data to the db or
>REPLACE / OVERWRITE data on the db ?

sorry, I will try to say it in a different way :

I have on my hands the DB backup tapes of another ADSM server.

I want my local ADSM server to recognize 1 client that belongs to that
other ADSM server, so that I can reproduce this client on a similar
hardware box.

I understood I must import this client from the DB backup tapes.

1) is it possible to import this information without importing the rest of
the data ?

2) when I import it, is it an adding to my DB (like I want it to be) or I
will be overwriting other data on my local server (which I don't like it to
be).

Thanks in advance, Steffan

best regards,
Rodrigo

The ADSM victim ! Sorry, I am just starting on ADSM