ADSM-L

Re: Expire and reclaim after 3.1.2.20 Upgrade

1999-04-20 07:17:01
Subject: Re: Expire and reclaim after 3.1.2.20 Upgrade
From: Francis Maes <fr.maes AT CGER DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:17:01 +0200
Hello Robert,

We are facing problems too with the "new" Expire Inventory.
Before to upgrade to 3.1.2.14, our DB was 53GB with 92% used and +/- 62
millions objects
The problem is that we never turn the "new" E-I out
Now (4 weeks later), the 53GB DB is 67% used with about 50 millions objects.
During each aborted run of the "new" E-I, some free cartridges where
returned to scratch.
Daily, we schedule a reclamation process (recl=85% in place of rec=100%)
that reclaims many cartridges.

What is your RECLAMATION value for your cartridge storage pools?

Best regards

Francis.