ADSM-L

Re: Expire and reclaim after 3.1.2.20 Upgrade

1999-04-19 17:22:51
Subject: Re: Expire and reclaim after 3.1.2.20 Upgrade
From: "Morlier, John" <jmmorlier AT AVONDALE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:22:51 -0500
        I am about to do this upgrade on an OS/390 1.3 server platform
(mainframe).  I have read many letters in this bulletin board about the
Expire Inventory not working properly in earlier releases and running long
at 3.1.2.xx releases.  I am at server 3.1.1.3 now, about to go to 3.1.2.20.
I read the Samplib member about the AUDIT RECLAIM process you speak of and
the UPGRADE option that needs to be specified.
1.      Where and when and how often do you specify UPGRADE?
2.      Is it a PARM on the execute card of the ADSM address space JCL?
3.      Do you specify it only the first time you come up under the upgraded
software?
4.      After you have come up successfully, do you remove the UPGRADE
phrase?
5.      It sound like the AUDIT process is performed after you have come up
with UPGRADE specified. Is that correct?
6.      I have read of other users whose first EXPIRE INVENTORY took days to
execute.  It sounds like you expected that.

        I am very interested in your experience upgrading to 3.1.2.20. Do
you have any tips or warnings? We are upgrading all our clients first to
3.1.0.6 before we do the server.  I would be very greatful for any info on
your testing plan and the  confirmations that were done after you upgraded.
I plan on backing up all my ADSM files using DF/DSS ad well as the ADSM
database backup utility before upgrading.
John

John Morlier
Manager of Technical Services and Operations Support
, Integrated Product Data Environment

Avondale Industries, Inc.
IPDE Technology Division

%   Voice: (504) 436-5213
*  Fax:  (504) 437-5534
):    Email:  jmmorlier AT avondale DOT com <kgmyers AT avondale DOT com>