ADSM-L

Re: Moving ADSM Server (MVS OS390) to other LPAR

1999-04-20 07:07:59
Subject: Re: Moving ADSM Server (MVS OS390) to other LPAR
From: Francis Maes <fr.maes AT CGER DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:07:59 +0200
Hello Paul,

I have done something like this: Copy of an ADSM (MVS 3.1.2.1) form an LPAR
to another one.
The problem is: are your cartridge drives and robot shared between the old
and the new LPARs?
If yes, no problem. Only move (or share) the DB, RECLOG and POOL disks and
other option,... files to the new LPAR.
If no, you need to export your server and to import it on the new system. If
your ADSM is a big one (with some TB of backup data), this would probably
not be feasible.

Best regards

Francis.