ADSM-L

Re: archive retension time

1999-01-19 15:48:03
Subject: Re: archive retension time
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:48:03 -0600
     If you are talking about your archive "grace" period... that only
     applies to archived files that if you, say,
        "update node xxx domain=somethingnew"
     doesn't contain a management class as was assigned to the archived
     file at the time of the archive.

     If you archive a file to a management class with an archive retention
     period of 185 days... 185 days, past the date of the archive, the
     archived file is still available... on the 186th day it is gone.
     What you do to the base file on the client has no (zero) impact on the
     archived copy!

     Archive and incremental/selective files are TOTALLY disjoint sets!