ADSM-L

archive retension time

1999-01-19 10:57:34
Subject: archive retension time
From: Steven McNicholas <ste_mc AT ZDNETMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:57:34 -0000
Hi ADSM'ers,

1 question....

If I archive a file to my archive pool at night and then immediately delete the
file on my disk will the following happen :

A) Because my archive pool is set to retain archives for 186 days it will keep
it for 186 days and when the 186 days are over and it finds that this is the
last version of this particular archive it will keep it for a futher 60 days
according to my archive copy group settings ?
Therefore I have a total of 246 days of retension.

OR

B) Because my archive copy group settings are set to retain only version for 60
days,after I delete the archive from my client machine the 186 days retension I
have for my archive pool falls away and the 60 day retension period for my
"retain only version" comes into play.
Therefore I only have a total retension period of 60 days.

A to me makes more sense but can some of you ADSM fundi's confirm.

Thanks.

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com