ADSM-L

Re: HP OpenMail Server Backup with ADSM?

1999-01-11 08:59:11
Subject: Re: HP OpenMail Server Backup with ADSM?
From: Werner Nussbaumer <W.Nussbaumer AT DATACOMM DOT CH>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:59:11 +0100
Mauro.TINELLI AT st DOT com wrote:

> - with mirroring, five minutes at the most. In fact, what you do is
>   split and then mount at a different location the FSs.
>
> - without mirroring, about 1 hour, depending on how big is your OMStore.
>
> I hope this help ... fill free to ask more questions if you need.

Hi Mauro

Thanks a log again. My question is now: is it only possible to work with
mirroring? We tested this also with an EMC disk and business continuance
volumes. Then we disconnect one mirror (RAID 1) and then save this
mirror. After this the mirror are connected and synchronized again.

But is it not possible to do this like in ORACLE, there you can make
online backups?

Thank you
bye
Werner Nussbaumer