ADSM-L

Re: HP OpenMail Server Backup with ADSM?

1999-01-11 16:33:18
Subject: Re: HP OpenMail Server Backup with ADSM?
From: Timo Heinonen <Timo.Heinonen AT NMP.NOKIA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:33:18 +0200
Hi,

We have splitted /var/opt/openmail/data into 10 filesystems and we do
snapshot for all of them + /var/opt/openmail at the same time during OM
is suspended. So the filesystems/OM database are/is consistent for the
whole backup time, which is ( we use HP OB II) about 10 hours full and
30 minutes per incremental backup.

At least we have been able to do multiple snapshot fs's concurrently.
There can be only one snapshot for one filesystem at the time.

We have about 3,5M files and it still about works, if OM ever does.

BTW, I would be interested about how long does the restoring of the OM
database with 2M files take with ADSM. We use OB becouse I can't get it
back fast enough with ADSM. The other reason is the number of files in
OM server, it would just explode the ADSM database. With OB I can
disable logging to OB database, so it will only keep track about which
volumes were used for backup and when and how long they are protected.

BR:

Timo