ADSM-L

Re: query occupancy for clients? Question renewed!

1998-12-02 16:31:32
Subject: Re: query occupancy for clients? Question renewed!
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:31:32 +1100
I have a suggestion that would work on platforms that have an administative
client available. We have an ADSM administrative account set up that has no
ADSM privilege at all, and a username/password that we are happy for anyone
in the organisation to have. You could then provide a script that does
something like:

find the clients name (from the dsm.opt file, or hostname, or ...)
do a dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=password q occ 'nodename'

Of coures it does mean that the administrative client needs to be installed
on the local machine. You could get around that, if a brower were available,
by using the web-based admin client, but that wouldn't be as easy/quick.

Trevor