ADSM-L

Re: Some fun: ADSM Believe it or not!

1998-12-02 16:39:57
Subject: Re: Some fun: ADSM Believe it or not!
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 07:39:57 +1000
Hi,

Not sure if this is actually within the guidelines of "ADSM - Belive it or
not", but what the heck.....

This probably goes under "Outrageous User demands on ADSM"

We got a user who has a SQL development server. His system does a database dump
each hour, on the hour. Each dump is over 600M bytes, and he wants them all put
onto ADSM with a full 7 year archive. For a development system???? Yeah, right
son... in ya dreams!!!

Beside, we only run 3570 tape units... and that's always a "believe it or not -
they worked okay last night!" sorta thing anyway...

We have a wealth of stupid user requests... I may put a few of them onto this
forum from time to time for our amusement :)

Regards
Shane