ADSM-L

Re: Oracle question

1998-01-05 11:20:27
Subject: Re: Oracle question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 11:20:27 -0500
The IBM Redbook "Using ADSM to Back Up Databases" (publication number
SG24-4335) discusses various means of backing up Oracle databases using
Oracle's Enterprise Backup Utility (EBU), DataTool's SQL-BackTrack product, and
ADSM.

As to your database group's concern, is this the one where they say that
SQL-BackTrack with ADSM poses a serious database integrity threat? In general,
I'd say that this is not true, although I do not know the basis of their
concern. Maybe other subscribers to ADSM-L will share their experiences, and
help shed some light on the issues they've encountered.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support

        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        01-05-98 10:42 AM