ADSM-L

Re: Re[4]: ADSM on OS/390

1997-11-18 09:43:27
Subject: Re: Re[4]: ADSM on OS/390
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:43:27 -0500
Hello,

I don't know a whole lot about how MVS product licensing works under the covers
re: IGDDFPKG vs. IFAPRDxx. However, I believe that depending on which licensing
method is used, the information regarding the licensing of a specific product
is kept in a different location. ADSM 2.1.0.3 was set up to look in the place
where IGDDFPKG put the licensing information, but it doesn't know anything
about where IFAPRDxx keeps its licensing information. Since IGDDFPKG is now
defunct (for lack of a better word) in OS390 R2, ADSM is looking in the wrong
place for the licensing info. In other words, products that use the IFAPRDxx
method of licensing need to be enabled for this method, which ADSM is not.

Admittedly this information is based on my 30 minutes or so of research in an
area that I am not very familiar with (MVS product licensing), but I think I've
got the gist of it right: that is, IFAPRDxx can not be used to license ADSM.

Since levels of ADSM subsequent to 2.1.0.3 no longer use the MVS product
licensing scheme, my recommendation is to get to the latest level of ADSM code.
Then you won't run into this problem.

Regards,

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support