ADSM-L

Re[2]: ADSM on OS/390

1997-11-14 14:59:32
Subject: Re[2]: ADSM on OS/390
From: Frank Rehor <Frank.Rehor AT CLOROX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:59:32 -0800
Somebody wrote:

    What was the previous release (current) that you are upgrading from?
    Many of the components these days (OS/390) require a Parmlib entry to
    indicate they are licensed (whether they actually are or not).  You
    don't say but I'm assuming you had/have a function MVS system with
    ADSM/MVS and it is specifically the upgrade to OS/390 R3 that is
    causing ADSM to fail.  If so, odds are good you just need a PARMLIB
    entry to auth it.

    Hi,

    We are upgrading from MVS 5.2 and , yes, ADSM is running fine on it.
    I spoke initially with ADSM Level 1 and they suggested I update
    IGDDFPKG with 'DFSMS_FEATURE=ADSM'.  It was tried but I still got the
    ANR9954S msg.  I have since heard from IBM MVS support that IGDDFPKG
    is no longer used for licensing features (apparently it was replaced
    with IFAPRDxx in OS/390 V1.2 and later).  We have coded IFAPRDxx with
    ADSM and it still fails.

    Frank Rehor
    The Clorox Services Company
    frank.rehor AT clorox DOT com