ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on OS/390

1997-11-14 08:18:00
Subject: Re: ADSM on OS/390
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:18:00 -0500
Did you think to llok the message up in the manual?  It tells the whole
story!  Anyway, here is the message from printed from BookManager/MVS.

(I have done the same type of testing with no problem.  Apparently you
license ADSM in a different way than I do).

  A31EMC06   SH35-0133-04

 ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager: Messages

 ? Copyright IBM Corp. 1993, 1997

 16.312 |        ANR9954S
 ? Copyright IBM Corp. 1993, 1997

  | ANR9954S ADSM is not licensed for use on this system.
  | ANR9954S ADSM is not licensed for use on this system.
  |        Explanation:  DFSMS/MVS Feature ADSM is not defined as licensed for
  |        this system to use in SYS1.PARMLIB member IGDDFPKG.
  |        System Action:  The server operation ends.
  |        User Response:  If you are licensed to use ADSM, update the
  |        IGDDFPKG member in SYS1.PARMLIB to set the correct value that
  |        enables ADSM. Either start task DFSMSPKG or reIPL.

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Cambridge Ma.