ADSM-L

WNT Client can't backup registry

1997-07-22 20:35:44
Subject: WNT Client can't backup registry
From: "Thomas F. Zinter" <thomas_zinter AT CSUFRESNO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:35:44 -0800
ADSM client on Windows NT cannot backup the registry attempting to do an
incremental backup.  The following messages are received:

ANS7643E An error occurred saving the registry key
ANS7641E Registry Backup failed

Everything works fine if logged on as an administrator.  I've added user
rights to a non-administrator user (Backup Files and Directories, Managing
Auditing and Security Log, and Restore Files and Directories), but it still
fails the same way.  I've also given the user permission of Full Control on
all the major registry keys.

Do you have to run as an administrator to run the incremental backup?  Do
you have another solution?

Thanks for the help.

Tom
thomas_zinter AT csufresno DOT edu