ADSM-L

ADSM AIX Client Fix

1997-05-23 10:28:28
Subject: ADSM AIX Client Fix
From: "James C. Harrer, SE/CRM, /Long Grove, G-5 JHARRER - CPOLNM01" <us2b7kdb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:28:28 EDT

RE: ADSM AIX Client Fix

Checkout APAR IC17108.

If you are running ADSM/MVS V2 R1 L0.12 server, ADSM/AIX V2 R1 L0.6G client
and are using client compression, you want the fix.

I use IBMLINK ASAP to monitor apars in ADSM, but my profile for AIX was set to
565511902 AR1 for activity on the AIX V4 platform.  If I was also monitoring
ADJ for the AIX V3 platform, I think ASAP would have alerted me to the
problem.  I do not have any AIX V3 systems so I thought I did not need to
monitor it.  As it was I did not learn of the problem until I had the code
installed on one of my production clients.  I hope this saves some of you from
the same problem.

Can IBM explain why ASAP was not effective in disseminating this information?
Am I doing something wrong?  Do I need to monitor every platform?