ADSM-L

Re: ADSM AIX Client Fix

1997-05-23 11:34:33
Subject: Re: ADSM AIX Client Fix
From: Francisco Franco <francisco.franco AT HYDRO.ON DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 11:34:33 -0400
Hi James.

James C. Harrer, SE/CRM, /Long Grove, G-5 JHARRER - CPOLNM01 wrote:

> RE: ADSM AIX Client Fix
>
> Checkout APAR IC17108.
>
> If you are running ADSM/MVS V2 R1 L0.12 server, ADSM/AIX V2 R1 L0.6G client
> and are using client compression, you want the fix.
>
> I use IBMLINK ASAP to monitor apars in ADSM, but my profile for AIX was set to
> 565511902 AR1 for activity on the AIX V4 platform.  If I was also monitoring
> ADJ for the AIX V3 platform, I think ASAP would have alerted me to the
> problem.  I do not have any AIX V3 systems so I thought I did not need to
> monitor it.  As it was I did not learn of the problem until I had the code
> installed on one of my production clients.  I hope this saves some of you from
> the same problem.
>
> Can IBM explain why ASAP was not effective in disseminating this information?
> Am I doing something wrong?  Do I need to monitor every platform?

Actually, I believe that there is a fix that brings the client to
ADSM/AIX V2 T1 L0.6I
on AIX 3.2 (at least).  I downloaded the file from the adsm ftp site and
the file name
was "ptfI.instbin". However, when I start up the client it tells me that
it is at
Level 0.6D.

So, I'm not sure if this is an official fix or not.

I was pointed to this fix as a result of a call that I opened up with
ADSM support
because if I tried to recall a HSM migrated file from the server which
was bigger
than 28 MG on the server side and > 60 MG on the client side, the
dsmrecalld would
just hang until it crashed the machine.

Francisco
x9477
--
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca