ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: CHECKIN LIBV in 3494 robot - optimising

1997-04-24 11:15:01
Subject: Re: Re[2]: CHECKIN LIBV in 3494 robot - optimising
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:15:01 -0700
I have seen this condition more than once. Recently, however, it
became a complete showstopper when CHECKOUTs did not
complete, even after clearing the output station. This situation
went unnoticed, a database backup was triggered overnight, the
recovery log filled, the server died.

What is the 3494 doing that locks out the tape drives during a
checkout process? Tape mounts and ejects are part of different
queues in the 3494.

 -- Tom