ADSM-L

[RFI] - Backup Management classes

1997-04-24 07:44:49
Subject: [RFI] - Backup Management classes
From: nordi <nordi AT NUTECNET.COM DOT BR>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:44:49 -0300
Dear ADSM friends,

I know many of you have already faced the " Daily / weekly / monthly "
backup needs
when migrating old processes to the ADSM context. Although I have already "
read"  some comments on this matter in this list (ADSM-L) I was wondering
if any of you could give me extra material on how good ( or bad) was your
implementation idea for the daily / weekly/monthly file backups, and how
you manage (i.e. ADSM specific work arounds) that you have implemented.

Please consider that I have many UNIX machines, and I want to have the
minimum data stored on the server (backup for daily data and Archive for
weekly/montly is not a good solution for me, but in a way, it is a
solution).

Thank you (all) for your help.

Armando Lemos
ADSM Project/Technical Support