ADSM-L

Re: point-in-time-restore

1997-04-22 10:44:53
Subject: Re: point-in-time-restore
From: Klaus Dilper <Klaus.Dilper AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:44:53 -0400
On Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:55:00 +0100, Bartl, Michael wrote:

>Hi ADSMers,
>over the last months I've read through a few threads concerning the need
>of doing point-in-time-restores with ADSM.
>We have the same requirement to restore a file structure in a way as if
>a fulldump had been made on a fixed date.

Point-in-time-restore is on old requierment. There are rumours that it will be
included in Version 3 coming at the end of this year. But keep in mind that
you have to increase your number of backup verions considerably for
filesystems including files which are updated regularly and have to be
backuped on a daily base. There is nothing for free!

Best regards

Klaus

Klaus Dilper
Klaus Dilper
University of Karlsruhe
Computing Centre
InterNet: Klaus.Dilper AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
VoiceNet: +49-721-608-4040
FaxNet  : +49-721-32550
SnailNet: Box 6980, D-76128 Karlsruhe, Germany