ADSM-L

Unable to Execute ADSM Scheduler Service on NT 4.0 Workstation

1997-04-22 10:40:44
Subject: Unable to Execute ADSM Scheduler Service on NT 4.0 Workstation
From: Debbie Tharps <TDE AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:40:44 EDT
I am having a problem with getting the ADSM Scheduler
Service to run on my Windows NT4.0 workstation.  I am
using ADSM version 2, release 1, level 6G(golden).
According to the ADSM Server activity log I am missing
scheduled backups as a result of an invalid password.
When I checked the status of this service via NT's
event log viewer, the message below was displayed:

  Failure authenticating registry password for ADSM
  node 'B113070.TDE.WINNT' with ADSM server, use
  DSMCSVCI utility to update.

The password for the nodename was verified and reset
via the DSMCSVCI utility (option-Update/Display
Existing Service Registry Entries).  Other
verifications of the password included executing the
backup client and executing the command, DSMC SCHEDULE.
The DSM.OPT file was also updated to include the
parameter, PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE.

I have followed all of the steps documented in the file
DSMCSVCI.TXT without any success.

NOTE!  The ADSM Scheduler Service is running on a
co-worker's NT 4.0 workstation.  The registry entries
for this service are the same as mine.  He is running
ADSM version2, release1, level6, dated December 1996.

Debbie Tharps                         ETS LAN Admin
Debbie Tharps                         ETS LAN Admin
Phone: 301-496-7363                   Office: rm 2020

Debbie's Wizard

    ----- PHENOMENAL ORGANIZING POWER -----
      housed in an itty, bitty, black case