ADSM-L

Re: Migrations doesnt't work: ANR1025W, but why ?

1997-04-21 06:02:33
Subject: Re: Migrations doesnt't work: ANR1025W, but why ?
From: "P.A Walmsley" <P.A.Walmsley AT DL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 11:02:33 +0100
Joerg Passenberg wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> we have the following problem:
>
> The migration from our Storage-Pools (DISK's)
> to the defined next storagepools LIDOPOOL (EXABYTE-Tapelibrary)
> doesn't work, cause ADSM says:
>
>  "ANR1025W Migration process 239 terminated for storage pool
>   BACKUPPOOL - insufficient space in subordinate storage pool"
>
> But a query say that there sould be anothe space.
>
> Storage     Device     Estimated  %Util   %Migr   High    Low   Next
> Pool Name   Class Name  Capacity                  Mig%   Mig%   Storage
>                             (MB)                                 Pool
> --------   ----------  ---------  -----   -----   ----   ----   ---------
> BACKUPPOOL  DISK        2,000.0    99.7    99.7     85     55   LIDOPOOL
> LIDOPOOL    LIDOCLASS  46,728.9    48.1   100.0     98     90
>
> So, any hint's and Tips ?
>
> by and thanks, Joerg

Joerg,

I  have had a similiar problem when the tape(s) in the library are
not marked READ/WRITE. Have you done  a 'query vol form=detailed'
on the LIDOPOOL pool to check state of each tape?
Also might be worth checking that all the volumes defined to the
LIDOPOOL are actually checked in, 'query libvol lidopool'.

Check the activity log as well to see if that reveals anything useful,
'query actlog'.

Regards
Paul Walmsley