ADSM-L

Re: (MAC) Re: Mac client 2.1.0.6; OT 1.1.1; possible problems

1997-01-13 11:38:14
Subject: Re: (MAC) Re: Mac client 2.1.0.6; OT 1.1.1; possible problems
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 17:38:14 +0100
>At 5:44 PM -0500 1/10/97, RM DAscenzo wrote:
>

>>I have 2.1.0.6 and OT 1.1.2,  but I stepped back to 7.5.3 on a machine that
>>runs a Meeting Maker server 24/7. There has been no problems with that

.... Snipped

>>advisable is it to allow ADSM back up while multiple tasks are running? Do
>>you have any thoughts or info on that?
>
>I use PRESCHEDULECMD and POSTSCHEDULECMD to put Eudora offline before a
>backup and online again after a backup, so the ADSM client is the only
>TCP/IP application running. I don't know if IBM has any specific
>information or recommendation on that.
>

>>>I installed version 2.1.0.6 of the Mac client a few days ago, and on each
>>>morning since, my copy of Eudora (which is admittedly a test version) has
>>so it's at least possible the ADSM client has something to do with it. Is
>>>anyone else running the Mac 2.1.0.6 client and experiencing a similar
>>>problem? I'm running system 7.5.5 and OT 1.1.1.

I have Eudora 3.0 Clients and ADSM 2.1.0.5, 2.1.0.6 clients with
serveral versions of MacOs MacTCP, but Primarily 7.5.5, OT 1.1.1.

On most of the machines I have seen no particular problem, but on
my personal machine with the newest versions I have had some problems.
ADSM misses its scheduled window if Eudora is running.  I just updated
Eudora to 3.0.1 and have since had no problems. My personal impression
is that the problem is more with Eudora than with ADSM.  I think that there
are some pretty suble things going on here, related to the cooperative
task sharing that MacOS uses.  I'm guessing there will be versions and
combinations of options that work better than others. Sorry for
not being able to provide a clearer picture.

   |  Bradley King          Fax:(331) 47.46.72.12  |
   |  Schlumberger Industries - Gas Engineering    |
   |  50, ave Jean Jaures, 92542 Montrouge France  |