ADSM-L

(MAC) Re: Mac client 2.1.0.6; OT 1.1.1; possible problems

1997-01-10 17:44:43
Subject: (MAC) Re: Mac client 2.1.0.6; OT 1.1.1; possible problems
From: RM DAscenzo <rmd103 AT PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 17:44:43 -0500
Stan,

I have 2.1.0.6 and OT 1.1.2,  but I stepped back to 7.5.3 on a machine that
runs a Meeting Maker server 24/7. There has been no problems with that
software's connectivity or ability to maintain or establish connections
after a backup. I can't say about Eudora though. However, I did start
wondering about how ADSM handles itself in such situations.

Does it suspend any functions or processes while it backs up? How safe or
advisable is it to allow ADSM back up while multiple tasks are running? Do
you have any thoughts or info on that?

-Ron