ADSM-L

Re: (MAC) Re: Mac client 2.1.0.6; OT 1.1.1; possible problems

1997-01-15 16:49:26
Subject: Re: (MAC) Re: Mac client 2.1.0.6; OT 1.1.1; possible problems
From: Brett Walker <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 13:49:26 -0800
There are currently no known issues with ADSM and Eudora.  From my own
testing, our TCP connections coexists with other TCP connections.  There
are a long list of items that are fixed in Eudora 3.0.1, so applying that
update might clear some things up.

Brett Walker
ADSM Development

>Stan,
>
>I have 2.1.0.6 and OT 1.1.2,  but I stepped back to 7.5.3 on a machine that
>runs a Meeting Maker server 24/7. There has been no problems with that
>software's connectivity or ability to maintain or establish connections
>after a backup. I can't say about Eudora though. However, I did start
>wondering about how ADSM handles itself in such situations.
>
>Does it suspend any functions or processes while it backs up? How safe or
>advisable is it to allow ADSM back up while multiple tasks are running? Do
>you have any thoughts or info on that?
>
>-Ron
>
>>I installed version 2.1.0.6 of the Mac client a few days ago, and on each
>>morning since, my copy of Eudora (which is admittedly a test version) has
>>been unable to connect to its mail server. Eudora runs all the time, and
>>the scheduled backup starts around 1am. Examining my mail this morning
>>indicated that Eudora lost contact around the time the backup was running,
>>so it's at least possible the ADSM client has something to do with it. Is
>>anyone else running the Mac 2.1.0.6 client and experiencing a similar
>>problem? I'm running system 7.5.5 and OT 1.1.1.

Brett Walker                  ADSM Development, IBM
walkerbl AT vnet.ibm DOT com
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
"That's just my opinion; I could be wrong."
      --- Dennis Miller