ADSM-L

Re: Usefulness of ADSM requirements page??

1996-12-09 04:13:00
Subject: Re: Usefulness of ADSM requirements page??
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 10:13:00 +0100
> This post is disappointing in light of the many overtime hours that ADSM
> developers do devote to this list and all the function that we have
> worked to deliver even between releases and versions.  I sure hope that
> our participation on this list is a little bit more obvious to others.
>
> Dave Crockett
> ADSM development

Dave,
I think many users appreciate your efforts very much!
There are very few product available where one can directly communicate with
developers. Most question I posted on this list were answered by experts within
a day!
Let this be an example to other software vendors!
I have experience with another distributed storage solution vendor (we used the
Enterprise Storage Manager which was made by Legent and is now owned by
Computer Associates (what isn't! :-) ) and I can say that IBM support is FAR
more superior!
The only thing the ADSM-R list does not offer is to keep track of the
requirement. You can't see if your requirement has been adopted by IBM.
Don't let postings like the one above frustrate you!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon