ADSM-L

ADSM and DB2/6000

1996-12-09 12:14:50
Subject: ADSM and DB2/6000
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 12:14:50 EST
>Hello Space And Storage Administrators !
>
>We are getting the following abend when backing up DB/6000
>direct with ADSM:
>
>SQL2062N
> An error occurred while accessing media
>"/home/archive/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a".  Reason code: "2220"
>
>Does anyone have an idea .........
>

>Regards
>
>Reidar Karlsson
>Storage Manager
>Skandia Insurance Company, Sweden
>reidar.karlsson AT skandia DOT se

Sorry for the delayed response Reidar.  This return code is an ADSM api
return code, which is documented in the Using the API manual, SH26-4002.
It means that the options file cannot be found....you should check that
the adsm environment variable that points to the options file, DSMI_CONGIG
is set properly.  You can check the variable using the SET command.  If this
variable is not set, then ADSM looks for the dsm.opt file in the current
directory.
thanks, Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)