ADSM-L

Device support under Solaris

1996-12-04 17:29:05
Subject: Device support under Solaris
From: "Steven P. Roder" <TKSSTEVE AT UBVM.CC.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 17:29:05 EST
Hi All,

     I am trying to install the ADSM device drivers under Solaris 2.4
on a Sun Sparcstation IPC for a BreeceHill Q7 (two DLT4000 drives with
28 slots).  The mt drivers install fine, but the install of "lb" fails:

# add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/lb
Unable to install/attach driver 'isp'
Unable to install/attach driver 'lb'
drvconfig: System call 'modctl_modconfig' failed: No such device or address
Warning: Driver (lb) configuration failed. System could not install driver.
#

A probe-scsi returns the drives at targets 4 and 5, and the robot at target 6.
We coded /usr/kernel/drv/lb.conf with target 6 lun 0

Is this Sun Hardware platform not support?  Do I need to obtain newer
hardware to complete my evaluation of ADSM and this ATL?

Also, it is a bit disconcerting that there is no mention of any DLT
support in the Device Configuation manuals.  The Q7 is supported by
the Solaris server, isn't it?

Thanks,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,