ADSM-L

FW: Novell QDR SRV and SYS Files

1995-12-24 16:04:00
Subject: FW: Novell QDR SRV and SYS Files
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 16:04:00 EST
Jeffrey,

     I've done a couple of full Netware server restores and seem to remember
that we didn't lose the printer definitions... I just had one of our Netware
folks either comment out everything that wasn't necessary in the
AUTOEXEC.NCF and rebooting the server (or unloading unneeded NLM's without
rebooting) before taking the last incremental backup prior to the restore.
 Even though all the printer definitions were well documented, this saved a
lot of manual work after restoring the server.

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com