ADSM-L

ADSM V2.1.01 client on OS/2 Warp V3 hangs after backup begins

1995-12-21 16:22:17
Subject: ADSM V2.1.01 client on OS/2 Warp V3 hangs after backup begins
From: David Derk <derk AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 13:22:17 PST
>>In September 1995 there was some talk on this list about an
>>OS/2 Warp user on a Gateway 2000 P5-90 experiencing timeouts
>>after ADSM backup had transferred in the area of 35-40KB of
>>data.

John,
If we are thinking of the same problem, we verified that
the OS/2 hang was caused by the TCP/IP stack shipped with
MPTN (part of LS 4.0).  This person decided to reinstall
TCP/IP 2.0 and use its stack.  The problem went away.

I would suggest using TCP/IP's stack or get the latest
INET.SYS and IFNDIS.SYS drivers from MPTN.  If these
drivers are loaded from  c:\mptn\protocol\ directory
you are running MPTN version.

David Derk