ADSM-L

Re: rebind bkups to new mgmt class

1995-07-20 15:16:55
Subject: Re: rebind bkups to new mgmt class
From: Lee Calhoun <LEECU AT CUVMC.AIS.COLUMBIA DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 14:16:55 EST
On Wed, 19 Jul 1995 15:38:18 PDT "Joseph A. Faracchio" said:
>check the retention numbers.  There's two of 'em.  One for age-deletion
>and the other for last copy.
>                            .. joe.f.

Do you mean the 'Retain Extra Versions' and 'Retain Only Version' settings?
I am aware of these.  I have them set the way I want in the new management
class.  But I cannot rebind inactive backups to this new class if the files
no longer exist on the client.

According to my manual, the process that does the rebinding is an incremental
or selective backup on the client following reassignment to a new management
class in the Include/Exclude file.  However, the client backup process
apparently does not concern itself with rebinding backups of deleted files.
Is there some other process that will do this?

Lee