ADSM-L

Looking for Full backup or directory backup

1994-11-10 10:08:11
Subject: Looking for Full backup or directory backup
From: Paul Goodwin <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 10:08:11 EST
I have a user (actually the guy who administers many of our RS/6000 boxes)
who is interested in using ADSM, but has one problem with it...the way in
which you can select backups.

He comes originally from a mainframe (CDC) environment, and is very
uncomfortable with two things about the selection mechanism:

  1)  You cannot select a full backup.  He is a firm believer in re-saving
      all the data periodically.

  2)  There appears to be no way to select a directory (and all its
      sub-directories) to be backed up easily, without having to traverse
      the entire tree manually.  (I have to admit, I find this annoying, too).

Are either of these available, and I'm missing them?  Or are they planned for
future releases?

Paul Goodwin
IBM System Support
Georgia Institute of Technology