ADSM-L

Looking for Full backup or directory backup

1994-11-10 12:03:50
Subject: Looking for Full backup or directory backup
From: "Amy Lim Weaver (408) 256-0284 t/l 276-0284" <alim AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 09:03:50 PST
>>1)  You cannot select a full backup.  He is a firm believer in
      re-saving all the data periodically.

Yes, you can.  You can define the "Mode" of your backup "Copy Group"
to "Absolute" which indicates the file is considered for incremental
backup regardless of whether it has changed since the last backup.

Make sure to associate your files and directories with the management
class where this copy group is defined.

Select all the drives that you want to backup and do an incremental
backup.  This will achieve a full backup.

>>2)  There appears to be no way to select a directory (and all its
      sub-directories) to be backed up easily, without having to traverse
      the entire tree manually.  (I have to admit, I find this annoying,
      too).

Yes, I agree with you, having to traverse the entire tree manually is
rather annoying.

Since the August PTF, support of sub-directory is available.
Please apply this maintenance.

Amy L. Weaver ADSM Client Development