nv-l

RE: [NV-L] DB2 nvcollector upgrade HOW??

2007-09-19 09:51:31
Subject: RE: [NV-L] DB2 nvcollector upgrade HOW??
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:38:47 -0500
Sorry haven't said hello to the list lately :)

I haven't done any of the netview - db2 work before. But having worked
on ITM6 a lot and done a lot of DB2 things, I can offer some basic info.

First, somewhere in this process something must issue a create database
command (db2 create database)- If none of your install processes have
done this, that's something to check on.

Second, if the database is defined, you should be able to connect to it.
You must "source" the db2 environment (in our case we do a
./udb/<userid>/sqllib/db2profile) this is a shop standard. The key is -
source the environment. Once you source the environment you should be
able to do "db2 connect to <database> user <instance owner> using
<password>. Once connected you should be able to do a "list database
directory" and see the database you've created.

If all that works - your db2 install appears complete. Any work beyond
that would be netview work (again, sorry haven't messed with db
integration). The process after db2 is installed would need to tell
netview how to connect to the database and also "seed" the database with
the necessary data table structures.

Not sure if that helps, but I can feel your pain.