nv-l

Re: [NV-L] MIB Expression for Cisco Memory Utilization

2007-03-28 09:56:25
Subject: Re: [NV-L] MIB Expression for Cisco Memory Utilization
From: "Nicholas Ho" <nickho1972 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:47:59 -0600
Jeff

....the original question was:

"to monitor Cisco Memory utilization SNMP data collection"

Regards

On 3/27/07, Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz AT princeton DOT edu> wrote:
The correct MIB to use is shown below and is used to monitor all
processors in a chassis.
The actual device is referenced by the Index and corresponds to the
ENTITY MIB as shown below...

It is very important to monitor the Route Processor and Switch Processor
in a 6500 chassis to make sure you are not software switching packets,
which can show up as high Route Processor CPU load.  This will also show
you other module CPU loads.

"cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoProcessMIB.ciscoProcessMIBObjects.cpmCPU "

The index reference is in the...

"mib-2.entityMIB.entityMIBObjects.entityPhysical.entPhysicalTable.entPhysicalEntry.entPhysicalDescr"

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University