nv-l

Re: [NV-L] MIB Expression for Cisco Memory Utilization

2007-03-27 12:39:57
Subject: Re: [NV-L] MIB Expression for Cisco Memory Utilization
From: "Nicholas Ho" <nickho1972 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:36:22 -0600
There are two ways to do this:

1) freeMem - I think this is an old Cisco mib and
2) the Cisco memory poll mib variables; ciscoMemoryPoolUsed and ciscoMemoryPoolFree (CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB)

I use Netcool Precision and this contains a cisco memory % threshold poll definition using (2) i.e.

( ciscoMemoryPoolFree/(ciscoMemoryPoolUsed + ciscoMemoryPoolFree) )* 100

Nick