nv-l

Re: [nv-l] How to populate hostname in TEC slot mapping

2004-04-22 15:09:16
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to populate hostname in TEC slot mapping
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:59:06 -0400

Jane -

I took a quick look in the code and I think the man page left out the option you are looking for.
Try $AGENT_ADDR in your slot map in trapd.conf and see whether that gives you what you want.  I can see where we pull it, but I cannot tell whether it gets resolved or not later on.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

04/21/2004 05:07 PM
Please respond to
nv-l

nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] How to populate hostname in TEC slot mapping

I am using the xnmtrap GUI where everything gets configured.  The middle
boxes specify the TEC class to map a TRAP to and the TEC slot mapping.
It is the TEC slot mapping where I want access to a hostname variable.
I know I can use $COMMUNITY, $ENTERPRISE, $SOURCE_TIME, $TYPE, $SPECIFIC
and $V1 - 15 .  NetView enterprise TRAPs generally have the second TRAP
varbind as the hostname so for that I could use $V2 but many TRAPs don't
include the "host with the problem" as a TRAP varbind - it's part of the
SNMP/UDP/IP header after all and NetView obviously knows where it came
from because he always displays it in the event workspace and make it
available as the $A variable if you want to configure an action in the
bottom box of the xnmptrap application.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Jane