nv-l

[nv-l] Automatic clearing events and map status changes

2004-04-15 13:54:38
Subject: [nv-l] Automatic clearing events and map status changes
From: alejandro.gabay AT reuters DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:33:23 -0300
Hi.
I have a Netview 7.1.3 running Solaris 8 on a SUN box.

As we are migrating from a different SNMP manager to Netview, we were
accustomed to have a current log and a history log. Some events were configured
to auto-clear others (this means to remove them from the current and send them
straight to the history). Do you know how can we implement this in Tivoli?.

Also, we have and external application that should set some objects status in
the Netview map. I am planning to use the Netview specific trap 58916871 to
change the object color?. I would like to see the traps in the netview event
history with a priority linked to them (per instance an "Up" event should be a
clear event, an "User2" event should be a warning one). How can I change the
trap severity depending on the trap content?.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay
Technical Center Supervisor, Argentina
Reuters Ltd