nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Cant delete object

2002-09-24 11:09:44
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cant delete object
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser AT de.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:09:44 +0200
forgot the list ...
----- Forwarded by Oliver Bruchhaeuser/Germany/Contr/IBM on 24.09.2002
17:10 -----

                      Oliver

                      Bruchhaeuser             To:      john.j.mackney AT
accenture DOT com

                                               cc:

                      24.09.2002 17:09         From:    Oliver
Bruchhaeuser/Germany/Contr/IBM@IBMDE

                                               Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cant delete
object(Document link: Bruchhaeuser Oliver)

John,

this looks you have more than one map.
Check "ovwls" or "mapadmin -l"

If you have more than one map you have to delete the objects from all maps
in order to delete them completely from the databases.

I'm not aware about a netmon bug about handling of exclude ranges in
NetView 7.1.2 AIX.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae AT de.ibm DOT com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

|         |           john.j.mackney@ac|
|         |           centure.com      |
|         |           24.09.2002 13:09 |

  |       To:       nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
                                        |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] Cant delete object

I have some nodes with DHCP addresses which have been discovered (PCs)

Some have acquired new addresses because their leases have expired. As a
result there are now some objects on my map that appear Red.  If I delete
these objects from the map with Edit, Delete Object, From All Submaps, they
disappear from the screen, but if I close and reopen the default map - or
open a new map, they are still there. Is there a restriction about deleting
objects that cannot be accesses?

ovtopodump | grep nodename
also confirms that they are still in the database even after I delete them.
I ran ovtopofix -a  but they are still there.
How do I get rid of them, and how do I stop NetView from rediscovering them
(methinks perhaps an entry in netmon.seed = !10.64.4.100-10.64.4.199)? but
I was told that there is a bug in NetView 7.1.2 that means netmon ignores
entries in the seed file with ranges. Is that true?

John

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.